Welcome to Seely Primary School’s website. We hope you find the information that you are looking for.
Seely Primary is a welcoming, vibrant place at the heart of its community. We are a dedicated, caring team who have high expectations of all pupils. We aim for children to leave our school as confident global citizens of the future, with the breadth of knowledge and skills to enable them achieve their aspirations.
There is an excellent culture of diversity at Seely, where all pupils and their families have a strong sense of identity and belonging that is respected by all. We are working towards the Rainbow School Award, as well as the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Quality Mark, to reflect the ethos and vision of the school.
If you require any further information, please contact the school office and we will be happy to help.
- Friends of Seely (PTA Group) are again working with the school to give all children at Seely the chance to create a design which can be printed onto Christmas, Eid or other Celebration Cards, mugs, tea towels, bags, baubles – to name a few.
- The “Friends of Seely” (FoS) fundraising PTA would like to invite parents and carers of pupils, both new and old, to join us for cake and refreshments after school on Wednesday 27th of September from 3:30pm until about 4.30pm
- Please see attached for details of our Harvest Collection this week.
- We are delighted to let you know that Scholastic Book Fair is returning to our school next week.
- It is increasingly important for us to showcase the great work we are doing here at Seely through external articles such as the school website, Twitter, Class Dojo etc.
- Would you like some ideas to get children doing more productive things on a tablet/phone?
- Please see attached poster which we have been asked to share with our families.
- Please see below important information regarding Year 6's. Thank you.
- Due to some parents/ carers having children in different classes, the ‘Meet the Teacher’ sessions 3:30-3:45pm will be as follows:
Latest Term and Event Dates - USE THIS CALENDAR ONLY Events
- Coffee Morning04Oct2023
9:15 am - 10:15 am @ KS1 Dining Hall
- KS1 to Bolsover Castle04Oct2023
- World Mental Health Day10Oct2023
- Coffee Morning11Oct2023
9:15 am - 10:15 am @ KS1 Dining Hall
- Family Fun with Tablets Course17Oct2023
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm @ tbc
TERM DATES 2023/24
In School Events & Curriculum Activities
In School Events / Curriculum Activities
- Key Stage 1 are building models of castles EVERYWHERE!
- Today, we started our English work on 'The Incredible Book Eating Boy' and investigated different pieces of evidence that Henry had nibbled on!
- We all drew a picture of ourselves and described our hair carefully.
- The Year 6 water fight was a particularly fun occasion, with children and staff having so much fun and getting totally drenched!!
- Last night's link governor staff meeting was a huge success, with subject leaders and governors delving into subjects together.
- The rain held off for KS2 sports days and we managed to rearrange the KS1 Sports events onto the school playground.
- The weather was kind to allow our summer fair to be a roaring success and lots of fun.
- Our artist of the month for June was Tom Yendell and children were challenged to try painting with paintbrushes in their mouths or toes.
- The Community Rangers pupil leadership group loved the Sherwood Community Day of Action, litter picking around the streets.
- Pupils, staff and parents gathered on the playground to join in a magnificent, inclusive Diversity Parade organised by the Diversity Defender pupils to celebrate School Diversity Week
- Our fabulous Rainbow Rangers have painted the school fence in recognition of our diversity pledge and Rainbow Flag Award.
- We celebrated RSE Day and the theme was #LetsLaunchintoKindness.