My name is Orlando Hampton and I am the Chair of the Full Governing Body (FGB) of Seely School, having previously served as vice chair. For those unfamiliar with the role of Governors, the purpose is a strategic one, with key functions to:
- set the aims and objectives for the school
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the head teachers (a critical friend)
We do this through a series of committees that review the running of the school. Governors are chosen or elected for a variety of skills and are not paid for this role. We receive training and administration support from the Local Authority.
I have two daughters, one in the school and one due to join next year. I work for part of the NHS that provides Health Education and am an advocate for looking at all areas of improvement that will create better experiences and outcomes for pupils, staff, parents and the community.
This is a diverse and growing school. The staff and Senior Leadership Team work hard with achievement of the children as their main focus. They provide a caring and nurturing environment ensuring that the experiences and learning journeys of the children are positive.
The last few years have seen a lot of physical and administrative improvements to the school and there is still a lot of work going on behind the scenes to build on this. I look forward to being involved in the continuing development of Seely School.
contact Email c/o: firstname.lastname@example.org