Values and Ethos
Our belief is that all children have the right to a stimulating learning environment where they are motivated to learn through the provision of a varied and exciting curriculum. We promote excellent standards of behaviour, have high expectations and are committed to high standards of achievement for all our pupils.
We aim for our pupils to have a strong sense of identity and belonging and we are working hard to ensure that they feel they are represented in our school and curriculum.
At Seely Primary School we:
- Provide a safe learning environment which promotes creativity and a curiosity of the wider world
- Encourage children to be confident, independent lifelong learners
- Encourage children to have a positive view of their own self worth, enabling them to feel secure and valued as individuals within the school community
- Provide an inspiring, challenging environment for all children so that they can become highly motivated learners
- Develop an ethos of support, challenge and encouragement to succeed
- Develop the whole child, nurturing and extending their spiritual, moral, social and cultural understanding
- Provide equal opportunities for all children
- Teach children a sense of responsibility showing respect for others and the environment
School values and behaviour expectations are in line with the school's behaviour policy and these reflect ‘British Values’ to ensure these are embedded across school – however, school also recognises these as ‘Global Values’. These values are: