Diversity at Seely
We are extremely proud to announce that we have been awarded the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Quality Mark (EDIQM).
In our formal letter from EDIQM director, Hartwell Mhunduru, it was noted that:
- The long-term strategies and high-level consultation with stakeholders reflect the priority and commitment of the school to constantly seek improvement in provision
- EDI is championed throughout the school
- There is a strong team which supports an inclusive approach for all pupils
- Seely Primary and Nursery is promoting multiculturalism by celebrating differences through planning lessons that reflect the diversity of the community
- Staff feel safe to have open and transparent conversations on EDI
Whilst we are delighted to achieve this award in recognition of the EDI work we have done so far, we continue to work hard to develop our curriculum, our practice and our school resources to ensure we are meeting the needs of all pupils.
SEELY DIVERSITY ANIMATION - SPRING 2023