PE & Sports Premium
Primary PE and Sports Premium
The government is providing funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. For the academic year 2016-17 this school will receive £8000 plus £5 for each child, between the ages of 5 and 11, on the school roll.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving provision of PE and sport, but have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Up until the academic year 2019/2020, the Government has committed to continue making available to schools the Primary PE and Sports Premium - a sum of money to allow them to develop sports provision within school and to help increase pupil participation in sporting activity.
For the academic year 2016-17 Seely Primary will receive £8000 plus £5 for each child, between the ages of 5 and 11, on the school roll. This will equate to an amount of approximately £10,000.
We propose to spend this money on the following:
- A Sports Apprentice for a period of year
- The apprentice can be used to-
- Support the delivery of high PE lessons
- Provide lunchtime and after school activities
- Be a role model for young people and engaging them in sporting activities
- Provide enthusiastic talent with fresh ideas
- Support residential visits or sports camps
- Mentor groups of more able/less able children
- Assist with inter schools competitions and School Games
- Specialist coaches to run PE/Sports/Dance activities at school
These will enable children to participate in a range of sporting activities, coached by specialists, that they might not ordinarily have the opportunity to do.
They will also act as CPD (professional development) opportunities for school staff.
- Participation in out of school competitions and other PE and sports related events.
- Transport to PE events, held away from school (including top-up swimming session for year 6 non-swimmers).
- Marking of school yard – to facilitate games sessions, Smile! (Seely Mile) and playtime games to encourage additional physical activity
In order that the Primary PE and Sport Premium deliver self-sustaining improvement and have a lasting impact, we aim to; raise the profile of PE and sport; engage all pupils in regular physical activity (kick-starting a life-long healthy active lifestyle); increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of staff to teach PE; widen the range of sports and activities offered to pupils; and increase participation in competitive sport.